Position: Powder Coat Technician
Reports to: Production Manager
Apply powder coat to bicycle frames and parts used in production of Detroit Bikes made bicycles. Ensure tools and equipment are working properly to provide a quality application of the powder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Apply primer and finish coats of powder to bicycle frames and parts that are used in the making of bicycles.
- - Perform quality control of incoming raw parts and outgoing powder coated parts.
- - Insert and remove powder coated parts from the curing oven.
- - Maintain powder coating tools, supplies and storage of powder to keep equipment functioning efficiently and product
loss at a minimum.
- - Maintain a steady flow of production in order to meet overall Detroit Bikes output goals.
- - Remain focused on completing assignments
- - Ensure accurate completion of personal Daily Time Card
- - Perform general preventative maintenance and/or repairs on department equipment
- - Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work space, work stations and equipment
- - Perform additional duties as assigned by Parts Production Supervisor
Complete assignments within established project timelines and parts/material usage limits while maintaining a high quality level of work
- Knowledgeofmaterialpreparationandpowderapplicationinamanufacturingenvironment. - Quality control analysis of incoming and outgoing parts.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Standing while applying powder coat to parts.
- Moving large racks with parts in and out of the curing oven.
- Required to wear a respirator while applying powder and opening the oven.